Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is expert mode gone from Display Calibration Assistant in El Capitan?

Hi. I just set up a late 2015 imac with a retina 5K display, running El Capitan. The color is shockingly bad. My old 2009 imac had perfect color out of the box. "Expert mode" also seems to be gone from the Calibration Assistant. Are there any adjustments I can make without having to buy a monitor calibration tool? Thanks.

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, LATE 2015)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:35 PM

You can still activate Expert Mode in the Calibrate dialogue of Display Preferences.

Press and hold the option/ alt key whilst clicking the Calibrate button.

I doubt your iMac had perfect colour out of the box, the brightness is usually too high and the colour temperature is always set too high resulting in a very blue screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 2:35 PM in response to goldwolf01

You can still activate Expert Mode in the Calibrate dialogue of Display Preferences.

Press and hold the option/ alt key whilst clicking the Calibrate button.

I doubt your iMac had perfect colour out of the box, the brightness is usually too high and the colour temperature is always set too high resulting in a very blue screen.

Is expert mode gone from Display Calibration Assistant in El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.