Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to identify apps from different Apple ID own my iPad?

I have an iPad where my apps are from two different Apple IDs - mine and a previous Apple ID.

I want to avoid having to log in and out of each Apple ID when updates are required and just reinstall the apps relating to the old ID with the new ID.

How can I easily identify which apps relate to which Apple ID?

Thank you

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3, iPad Air 2 (Nov 2016)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 4:01 AM

Apple removed the Apps section from iTunes 12.7 and later.

There is no longer any way to view any iOS apps on iTunes on a computer at all.

The only way I know of to find out what Apple ID an App is associated with is by updating one by one on the device.

When you try to update an App that is associated with an Apple ID that is not the one that is signed in to Settings->iTunes & App Stores, it will request it and its password. It generally should fill in the email portion of the Apple Id and wait for the password.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 4:01 AM in response to Eric Root

Apple removed the Apps section from iTunes 12.7 and later.

There is no longer any way to view any iOS apps on iTunes on a computer at all.

The only way I know of to find out what Apple ID an App is associated with is by updating one by one on the device.

When you try to update an App that is associated with an Apple ID that is not the one that is signed in to Settings->iTunes & App Stores, it will request it and its password. It generally should fill in the email portion of the Apple Id and wait for the password.

Dec 13, 2017 10:43 AM in response to Jerry Dammers

Try the following....

1. Go to your Mac. Open iTunes.
  2. Click More in the upper-left corner.
  3. Choose Apps from the pop-up menu.
  4. If and when prompted, sign-in with the Apple ID for which you want the Apps to be listed.
  5. Under Quick Links on the right side of the App Store, click Purchased.
  6. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
  1. Scroll to find the item that you want to download. In your case, you might want to download all the items.
  2. Click the Download icon in the upper-right corner of the item(s) you want to download. Your app downloads to your library.
  3. If an app is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

This'll let you know what apps were purchased under what Apple ID.

How to identify apps from different Apple ID own my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.