Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ApplePay card declined and wrong merchants

So, my ApplePay gave me a scare today. It started with trying to pay at a merchant that I’ve used my phone at a number of previous times. We tried a few times and it kept printing out the card was declined. However, I pulled the associated card out and stuck it in the reader and it accepted the physical card without issue.

So I thought I’d check the settings. To my surprise my ApplePay was being used in town where I don’ shop! After some research I found the amount matched another merchant completely unrelated to the listed one for the exact amount. Eventually I determined through my credit card’s site that they have the correct, expected merchant I shopped at listed next to that charge.

Any ideas why my ApplePay gets declined but my card works? Or why the transactions under ApplePay settings list completely wrong merchants?

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:51 PM

There are no replies.

ApplePay card declined and wrong merchants

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.