Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot create a new contact under High Sierra. It bombs out before saving and moves on to display an existing contact.

I cannot create a new contact under High Sierra. It bombs out before saving and moves on to display an existing contact.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:24 AM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2018 8:56 AM in response to gaztrick

I am experiencing the same issue. I am finding if I start to create a contact, selecting 'New Card' (Apple-N), I then see a card under creation with name 'No Name'. Without typing anything the system terminates my operation and then selects and displays some default card.

If I scroll to the very bottom of the contacts, after Z, a new group indexed by '#' is created. Within this group I see an entry 'No Name'. This pattern repeats endlessly creating empty 'No Name' cards. Note, also, If I Edit->Undo, the dummy cards are not deleted.

With contacts I have two accounts, one from iCloud and the other from gmail. This behaviour only occurs when I try to create an entry in the gmail account!! I don't see the issue when I create an entry in iCloud. The cynic in me might think this is no coincidence, given it has less of an impact on Apple systems.

I have only had this behaviour since moving to High Sierra. Now have 10.13.2 and still visible.

My work around is to quickly save the contact once I've entered the name field. I then delete the redundant # entries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.