Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now Playing widget stuck

I've noticed since either iPhone X or iOS 11 that the Now Playing widget gets stuck.

This has been showing on my wake screen for days, even though that podcast has long since ended and new ones started. It even shows if I play music.

User uploaded file

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:52 PM

Hello David,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with the Lock Screen on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please force close the Podcast app and restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 1:52 PM in response to David Day

Hello David,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with the Lock Screen on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please force close the Podcast app and restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Now Playing widget stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.