Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why didn’t they tell me I would have certain apps that wouldn’t work on the 11.2 update?

I have multiple apps that won’t work on this new update. Wasn’t aware that they would stop making updates for apps. I lost important information in some apps that won’t work any more. How can I go back to the 10.2 update instead of 11.2 update?

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:33 PM

You cannot revert to an older build of iOS. If you had installed iOS 10.3 when it was released nearly a year ago you would have had plenty of notice that your older 32-bit apps weren't going to work if you updated to iOS 11. I purged all mine back in June after checking to make sure there was nothing I really need to keep.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 12:33 PM in response to JohnnyBravo113

You cannot revert to an older build of iOS. If you had installed iOS 10.3 when it was released nearly a year ago you would have had plenty of notice that your older 32-bit apps weren't going to work if you updated to iOS 11. I purged all mine back in June after checking to make sure there was nothing I really need to keep.

tt2

Dec 13, 2017 12:33 PM in response to JohnnyBravo113

Developers were given well over a year to get their apps updated. If the developer failed to do that then they most likely abandoned the app. After that, in iOS 10, every time you opened the app it would give a warning that the app would stop working in future iOS versions. Also in Settings there was a place for you to check which apps would not work with iOS 11 before upgrading. At this point you can attempt to contact the developer and see if they have any plans to update the app.

Why didn’t they tell me I would have certain apps that wouldn’t work on the 11.2 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.