Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing photos on high sierra screws up the pictures

Hello, I just migrated my Mac Air to High Sierra as it appeared to be necessary to edit pictures taken by an IOS 11 iPhone. Unfortunately the Photos editor now creates garbage and screws up every picture. Looks like the only workaround is to select a specific frame of a Live Photo.

I can’t believe such a bug went through Apple QA so I guess something is wrong with my Mac. I rebuilt Photos database with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks , Philippe

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:46 AM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2017 11:34 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks Larry for your prompt reply. I found the issue : it came from the Bitdefender Antivirus that was previously installed under Sierra and that caused problems with High Sierra. BitDefender Antivirus for Mac version was 6.1.0.14, MacOS 10.13.2 and iPhone IOS 11.1.2. BitDefenser uninstall failed and I had to follow the steps described in https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-uninstall-antivirus-for-mac-if-the-st andard-uninstaller-doesn&039;t-work-1722…

The mac (Mac Air mid-2011) was also very slow and getting quite hot, a behavior it never demonstrated before. That seems to be sorted as well.

Hope that will help others facing the same issue.
Philippe

Editing photos on high sierra screws up the pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.