Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to dix corroded lightning cable!?

Hey! Just tried to use my iphone charger to find it’s not working, tried plugging it into my macbook and same thing.

Then when i examined the charger i saw some of thr the gold prong were now black, why did this happen?

Also, can i send it into apple to be fixed? Havent even had it that long!

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:10 PM

Try cleaning the charging port on the phone. Use a bright light (and a magnifier if you have one) and remove any lint or other debris you find. Then, test the cable again. Also, try cleaning the contacts on the cable with a soft, dry cloth.

If the cable is less than a year old, it's under warranty. Whether what you're seeing is covered by that warranty is something only Apple can answer. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or use the Contact Support link at the top right of every page.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 12:10 PM in response to Jayy.Mod

Try cleaning the charging port on the phone. Use a bright light (and a magnifier if you have one) and remove any lint or other debris you find. Then, test the cable again. Also, try cleaning the contacts on the cable with a soft, dry cloth.

If the cable is less than a year old, it's under warranty. Whether what you're seeing is covered by that warranty is something only Apple can answer. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or use the Contact Support link at the top right of every page.

Is there a way to dix corroded lightning cable!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.