Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano went through washing Machine

I have an iPod Nano 7th Gen. from 2015 that recently went through the washing machine (forgot about it in my pocket). It then sat on a drying rack overnight. I tried turning it on this morning but nothing happened. I've read that others experienced the same thing and theirs turned on again after a while. What should I do?

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:00 AM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2017 12:14 PM in response to d_boston7

Going through a washing machine cycle isn't the iPod getting "just a little bit wet" (which is sometimes rescued by placing the iPod in a bag of uncooked rice for up to a week), it's a full soaking, which is usually the end for the iPod.

Dry rice absorbs the moisture, taking it away from the iPod. However, after a cycle in the washing machine, the chances are that the power from the battery has caused a short circuit and burnt out some parts of the iPod. I suspect your iPod is not salvageable.

iPod Nano went through washing Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.