Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

selecting multiple outputs

Is there a way in logic to select multiple outputs on the same channel at once?

In protools I can select multiple outputs at once. So for example I can have stereo 1&2 and Stereo 3&4 coming out at the same time on a given channel.

thanks.

Mac OS X (10.7.2), imaci7

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:22 AM

9 replies

Dec 13, 2017 5:29 AM in response to mikefromvale

In Logic, a channel strip has one output. And this is not a send. It is a selected output. That in my example it happens to be with an aux strip is irrelevant, I could also route any instrument or audiotrack straight to output 3-4.

Otherwise, you could, in Audio MIDI Setup, aggregate your physical outputs in a multi-output device and select that as output - then the output gets send to all selected outputs simultaneously.

A Multi-output-device must be created in Audio-MIDI Setup for that.

User uploaded file

Dec 13, 2017 9:12 AM in response to mikefromvale

in Logic->preferences->audio-> I/O assignments in the top half of the screen you have

Output and a checkbox for mirror under that.....

If you select 3&4 for output and check the mirror box ( this will send the output to 1&2 as well).

So the end result is you will have your signal go to both 1/2 and 3/4 by only selecting Stereo output on the channel strip.

Dec 13, 2017 7:08 AM in response to Eriksimon

yes I know. I was stating that im aware that I CAN achieve this using a send. Its not the end of the world thats you cannot do this but it would just help my workflow a little when jumping between laptop and studio. This is due to my NEVE8816 I use. I can achieve what I want by setting up a template and have my subgroups be sent to an AUX but I was trying to avoid that.

selecting multiple outputs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.