Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limit Reaced

When I try signing into my iCloud account on my iPhone and iMac is states that "iCloud account limit reached"

How do a fix this?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:34 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 4:48 AM in response to NeoRangata

This error message arises when a particular device has already created three new iCloud accounts, in which case you would have to use another Mac or iOS device to create an account and then sign into it on the first one.

It should not arise if you are trying to sign into an existing account. Have you in fact created the account you are trying to sign into? - creating an Apple ID isn't the same thing. What happens if you sign in at http://www.icloud.com with this ID?

If you are able to sign in at that website you shouldn't be seeing that message, and you should contact Support. Go to https://getsupport.apple.com . Click' See all products and services', then 'More', then 'iCloud', then 'Account and Setup', then 'Troubleshooting iCloud account issues'. Then click 'No thanks. Continue' to be offered contact methods.

Dec 14, 2017 2:10 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I have not tried signing into www.icloud.com but what I did is reviewed and existing Apple ID on the iTunes on the iMac, but the moment I try signing into iCloud under "System Preferences" it gives an error message "Limit Reaced"

The account is a existing one so what I will try do is sign into a Apple ID I was using for years onto the iPhone that says "cannot create apple ID......."

Thanks for you help though

Dec 14, 2017 2:37 AM in response to NeoRangata

NeoRangata wrote:

The account is a existing one so what I will try do is sign into a Apple ID I was using for years onto the iPhone that says "cannot create apple ID......."

Signing in with the ID in iTunes doesn't create an iCloud account. To do that you have to sign into the iCloud preference pane on a Mac or an iOS device. It appears you haven't created an iCloud account - signing in at www.icloud.com would confirm or deny this, which is why I asked you to do it.

As your phone has evidently previously created three iCloud accounts, you will have to create an iCloud account on another iOS device or on a Mac by signing in with the ID in Settings (or System Preferences)>iCloud.

Limit Reaced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.