Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier doesn't show

I move my sim card from iphone 5 to iphone 7 but when i move it the setting doesn't follow

this is the setting from the iphone 5 but when i move it to iphone 7, the celullar setting on the iphone 7 is all empty.

and when i check setting - general - about i notice some difference

the iphone 5 shows carrier name (XL) followed by number

while on the iphone 7 it shows carrier and number.

and when i want to use personal hotspot on the iphone 5 its already available while on the iphone 7 i had to manually fill the celullar setting, how to fix that carrier name ? because right now i cant activate iphone plan provided by my carrier

How to fix that ?

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 3:36 AM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2017 3:43 AM in response to Radifann

Please delete this image as this is a public forum and such information is not secure.

You need to do a carrier reset for your phone.

Try turning off the phone and removing the sim. Then turn the phone on again and you will get an error.

Turn the phone off, replace sim and turn it on again.

If at that stage it does not work contact your carrier for advice and possible reprovisioning of the account.

Carrier doesn't show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.