Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Priority Configuration iMac Pro for High Res Video Editing?

I am buying my partner a new iMac Pro for Christmas and need some help with the optimal prioritization of features for maximal benefit for least cost (within the Mac framework). She is a professional filmmaker and shoots on a RED Dragon in 6K and so needs a lot of processing power for editing. Looking at this machine compared to previous Mac options, it looks like even the base scenario could be used for this purpose, but, my question is, where would you put your money to maximize video rendering function. GPU? 10 or 18 core processor? 16 vs 8 gigs RAM? Other?

Thank you!

Mac Pro, iOS 11.2, New iMac pro

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:52 AM

I know you might want to keep it a surprise, it's a lovely thing you are doing but it might be better if you have your partner choose the configuration to suit her needs.You are probably looking at getting it specced with at least 64GBs of RAM, more RAM the better for video editing especially ultra HD.

1 reply

Priority Configuration iMac Pro for High Res Video Editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.