Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

side by side clips blank gap in between

I am trying to put two video clips side by side, both clips were taken with my iPhone 6s, no change in any settings for the video clips between the two, but when I try to edit them in iMovie, with side by side picture option, there is a big black gap in between, as shown in picture, can anyone help me with removing that gap. Not sure what I am doing wrong , but the gap is soo annoying. I have this clip on youtube, I can post the link if anyone is willing to take a second look there (not trying to get free clicks on youtube).

User uploaded file

iMovie '11, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 5:19 PM

iMovie works only in 16x9 aspect ratio. Your media is 4x3 or something less than 16x9. You have selected fit in crop menu for both clips and then split screen. What you are seeing is the black bars added to the side of each clip to fill out the 26x9 frame.

1 reply

side by side clips blank gap in between

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.