Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 torch goes off after 10 seconds

iphone6 MG472B/A v 11.2(15C114)

the torch turns on & stays on for about 10 seconds then goes off (the button still shows switched on)

if I take a picture with the flash on, it lights up goes out then it takes the picture !

anyone got any clues ?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2, Torch

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:40 AM

Hey there, Paul-O,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that the torch (flashlight) on your iPhone 6 does not seem to be working as expected. Specifically, it will only stay lit for about 10 seconds, even though the button still indicates it's on. Also, the flash during pictures does not seem to work, either. It'll come on briefly, but shut off before it should. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would first suggest force closing any open apps, to ensure nothing is accessing the light: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Then, restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

After the iPhone is back on, check to see if the torch/flash is working as expected. If it's not, create a backup of your iPhone using the steps here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support . Then, use the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support to reinstall your iOS software.

Even though the title of the aritcle doesn't match your issue, the steps to reinstall the iOS software is the same.

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 3:40 AM in response to Paul-O

Hey there, Paul-O,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that the torch (flashlight) on your iPhone 6 does not seem to be working as expected. Specifically, it will only stay lit for about 10 seconds, even though the button still indicates it's on. Also, the flash during pictures does not seem to work, either. It'll come on briefly, but shut off before it should. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would first suggest force closing any open apps, to ensure nothing is accessing the light: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Then, restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

After the iPhone is back on, check to see if the torch/flash is working as expected. If it's not, create a backup of your iPhone using the steps here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support . Then, use the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support to reinstall your iOS software.

Even though the title of the aritcle doesn't match your issue, the steps to reinstall the iOS software is the same.

Have a great day!

iphone 6 torch goes off after 10 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.