Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 8 Plus Brightness Display

New iPhone 8 Plus (as on a few days ago). I set the screen (display brightness) rather high. Display stays bright for the entire day/night then I have to manually reset it in the morning because it goes back to low. True Tone and Night Shift are NOT ON! Settings are just like they were with my last phone but it keeps changing. Help :)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 5:36 AM

5 replies

Dec 19, 2017 11:19 AM in response to madra31

Similar question: I have a 8+ and a 6+, which I haven't gotten rid of yet. I have auto brightness ON on both devices. TrueTone is OFF for the moment on the 8+. I move from a room with tungsten light close to a window in the next room. I can see the brightness level on the 6+ go up and come down again as I go back to the inner room. Nothing changes on the 8+.

If I turn on TrueTone the 8+ goes quite a bit warmer than the 6+ in the tungsten room. As I move to the window, the screen of the 8+ becomes cooler, the brightness never changes, but even when both are lit by daylight, the 8+ is distinctly warmer in tone than the 6+, which always is the same bluish tone, until sunset of course.

Does this behavior sound correct? Should the brightness on the 8+ increase as I go to the window as the color cools with TrueTone?

Thanks very much for any insight.

IPhone 8 Plus Brightness Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.