Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I upgrade my iMac os to the latest

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:23 AM

What OS version is currently installed? We cannot answer without details about your iMac. iMacs have been around for almost two decades and there are many different "max" OS version possible.

Start here: https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

Find your serial number and enter it to get the family and sub-model. Without that we cannot proceed.

If that fails, take a picture of the computer and post it here.

This forum covers iMacs made before 2006. Is your that old? If not, that narrows the search and makes find the info you need easier

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 8:23 AM in response to Israel0104

What OS version is currently installed? We cannot answer without details about your iMac. iMacs have been around for almost two decades and there are many different "max" OS version possible.

Start here: https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

Find your serial number and enter it to get the family and sub-model. Without that we cannot proceed.

If that fails, take a picture of the computer and post it here.

This forum covers iMacs made before 2006. Is your that old? If not, that narrows the search and makes find the info you need easier

Dec 20, 2017 11:49 AM in response to Israel0104

To update to the latest version goto the App Store and download High Sierra. From the photo you posted earlier it was hard to tell but you were already downloading it or it was already downloaded. I couldn't tell, but click on your launchpad icon and there should be an app like 'install high Sierra' or something to that affect. Click on that icon and please post back your progress.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.