Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Local JPEGS of iCloud photos corrupted?

I shoot photos in RAW and import them into Photos for uploading to iCloud Photos. I recently uploaded photos using my iPad and synced them. Now as I try to view the photos on my MBP, the JPEG images appear corrupted. The photo seems to take 1/3 of the picture and overlay it multiple times within the file (example below). When I export the unmodified original RAW file on my MBP, it looks fine. My older photos on my MBP in Photos look fine, but most (but not all) of my newer photos are coming through corrupted as noted. Anyone else experiencing this? I am not having this issue on other synced devices (iMac, iPhone). Not sure how to fix it locally.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on

Dec 20, 2017 12:28 PM in response to LarryHN In response to LarryHN

Yes, I mean iCloud Photo Library.

RAW images are from a Sony A7Rii. I have previously imported directly to Photos with no problem on my MacBook Pro. Images that were imported with iPad show up fine on my iMac and iPhone, but are corrupted as noted above on my MacBook Pro 13 (2016).

Dec 20, 2017 12:28 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: gdhoosier

Question: Local JPEGS of iCloud photos corrupted?