Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Problems

I use a Phillips 100B Bluetooth speaker with my late 2008 MacBook Pro running El Capitan. It has always been a bit temperamental connecting to the MBP, but normally will do it. Now I simply cannot get it to connect. It is shown as an available device, but it will no longer connect. I have no problems using the speaker with my iMac which runs High Sierra. So, I am assuming that it may be a problem with El Capitan?

The speaker is about 1 year old, so not that old.

Any ideas how to sort this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:36 AM

8 replies

Dec 13, 2017 8:30 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Forget? Assuming you meant removing the speaker from the list of devices in the pref panel, just tried this and now it will not reappear. The daisy wheel does spin when turning the device on and off as if the MBP is trying to recognise it, but nothing happens. So, now it has disappeared altogether.

Checked the manufacurer's page and there is nothing about firmware updates for their product.

Dec 13, 2017 8:32 AM in response to john.erskine

john.erskine wrote:

Forget? Assuming you meant removing the speaker from the list of devices in the pref panel, just tried this and now it will not reappear. The daisy wheel does spin when turning the device on and off as if the MBP is trying to recognise it, but nothing happens. So, now it has disappeared altogether.

Forget it on the iMac. Sometimes, devices get cranky about being connected to more than one device. They shouldn't but they do.

Bluetooth Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.