Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my Apple pencil still connected even I turn off the Bluetooth

since I updated to ios11, my pencil keep connected even I turn of Bluetooth and I have to charge the battery every time even I didn’t used it. Before update it never happened, please help.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:08 PM

Hey there, Mainanoni,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding, you've been experiencing some unexpected behavior with your Apple Pencil and iPad Pro. Specifically, when you turn Bluetooth off on the iPad Pro, the Apple Pencil will still somehow connect. This seems to be impacting the battery life of the Apple Pencil, and began after updating the iPad Pro to iOS 11. I'd be happy to help!

In iOS 11, the function of the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi controls in Control Center have changed. If you're turning Bluetooth off there, this is only a temporary disconnection. Per the information in Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center with iOS 11 - Apple Support , if you turn Bluetooth off in Control Center, it will automatically reenable at 5AM local time, or after a restart of the iPad Pro.

To turn Bluetooth off completely, as opposed to just disabling it temporarily, you can go into Settings > Bluetooth and turn the toggle off there. I would encourage you to do this if you've been using Control Center, and test to see if the Apple Pencil connects on its own. If it does, don't hesitate to reply back for some more help.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 7:08 PM in response to Mainanoni

Hey there, Mainanoni,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding, you've been experiencing some unexpected behavior with your Apple Pencil and iPad Pro. Specifically, when you turn Bluetooth off on the iPad Pro, the Apple Pencil will still somehow connect. This seems to be impacting the battery life of the Apple Pencil, and began after updating the iPad Pro to iOS 11. I'd be happy to help!

In iOS 11, the function of the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi controls in Control Center have changed. If you're turning Bluetooth off there, this is only a temporary disconnection. Per the information in Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center with iOS 11 - Apple Support , if you turn Bluetooth off in Control Center, it will automatically reenable at 5AM local time, or after a restart of the iPad Pro.

To turn Bluetooth off completely, as opposed to just disabling it temporarily, you can go into Settings > Bluetooth and turn the toggle off there. I would encourage you to do this if you've been using Control Center, and test to see if the Apple Pencil connects on its own. If it does, don't hesitate to reply back for some more help.

Cheers!

Why my Apple pencil still connected even I turn off the Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.