Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AGPTEK A26 (mp3 player) not recognized by MacBook Air

When Apple stopped making iPod shuffles, I purchased an AGPTEK A26 to listen to books, music while running and driving. My MacBook Air does not recognize it in iTunes, nor in Finder. A couple of weeks ago it did show in a sub-folder of MacBook Air in Finder, but now it is not doing that either.

Help Please.

Thanks in advance

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:59 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 8:37 AM in response to kiwifree

First, iTunes only supports Apple devices.

Your mp3 player may be recognized as an external drive such as a flash drive if the formatting is correct (typically those kinds of things are formatted FAT which Macs will recognize). Does the drive port recognize other flash devices? Have you tried the device in other ports?

Dec 20, 2017 11:22 AM in response to Limnos

Limnos

Thanks for your response. I am unaware of what type of format the AGPTEK has. It was easily recognized by the PC I use at work; but I am unable to use the work PC for my audiobooks & music. On my MacBook, I have tried several USB ports, all with the same response: the mp3 player light turns on showing it is charging, but no recognition by MacBooks finder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and time.

Bob

AGPTEK A26 (mp3 player) not recognized by MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.