Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Cash won't set up on Apple Watch

I can't get Apple Pay Cash to work on my Apple Watch. I get a pop-up stating that Apple Watch is still upgrading your account security. Please try again later. This has been going on for many days now. I've re-booted the watch and phone. Still no luck. PLEASE

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:27 AM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2017 7:02 PM in response to Timothy Bloomquist

Hi Timothy,

I understand that you are trying to set up Apple Pay Cash, but you get a message that your Apple Watch is still upgrading your account security. I'm happy to provide some help for this.

I recommend that you unpair your Apple Watch and then set it up again. The steps in the article below will walk you through that:

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

Disconnect your devices

1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
  2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap your watch at the top of the screen.
  4. Tap User uploaded file next to the watch that you want to unpair.
    User uploaded file
  5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
    User uploaded file
  6. For Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), choose to keep or remove your cellular plan.
    • If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan.
    • If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.
  7. Tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.
  8. Use these steps to set up your Apple Watch again.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Apple Pay Cash won't set up on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.