Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6s won't activate.

I have a page that says the activation servers are not available. This occurred after an Apple Senior Advisor said I had to wipe the iPhone and reinstall the operating system from a backup. This is not a new phone. This phone was working fine except that the screen would not rotate. That's when the senior advisor had me wipe and reinstall IOS. Any suggestions as I have a $700 device collecting dust on my desk. It's useless. Can't do anything on the iPhone.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:22 AM

10 replies

Dec 13, 2017 7:29 AM in response to RebekkahRoseRyan

I would try a DFU restore. This restores the firmware as well. To do this, first plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. Then hold the home+ lock buttons for 8seconds. At 8seconds, release the lock button and continue to hold the home button. You should then see a screen pop up in iTunes. To see more information about a DFU restore, visit: https://www.payetteforward.com/how-to-put-iphone-dfu-mode/

I would also make certain you log on to a wifi connection when setting up your phone once this is done.

Best of luck,

CrashBurner

Dec 13, 2017 8:25 AM in response to stuartjash

I tried all your steps. I set up wi-fi on the phone. I am still back at the screen that says "COULD NOT ACTIVATE IPHONE. Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If the problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support TRY AGAIN." This is the same screen I have been seeing since yesterday afternoon about 2PM ET. $700 device collecting more dust.

Dec 13, 2017 3:28 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

FYI, the engineers fixed whatever was wrong on their end. They thought I had stolen my iPhone because they did not have accurate info in their database about my iPhone. To protect my iPhone, they blocked my activation. We corrected their misinformation, and now my iPhone is back! No working phone for 36 hours is really difficult to cope with. Thanks for your support.

My iPhone 6s won't activate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.