Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why can't I see what is on my USB memory stick?

I've been using a memory stick to transfer work between my MacBook Pro and a Windows computer at uni but I have a problem. I think I've created a partition by mistake because I now can't see the work I've transferred from windows on my MacBook.

Is there any way to retrieve this work just using my MacBook or will I need to use a windows computer instead?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on

Dec 13, 2017 8:13 AM in response to Ginger_Claire In response to Ginger_Claire

FAT32 is readable and writable by MacOS without any add-ons. it should not cause a problem.

You may have clobbered the contents of the USB stick. The suggestion to try again on a Windows machine will make certain of what to expect to see. Then you will know what to do.

You may need a new USB-stick -- luckily, they are cheap.

Dec 13, 2017 8:13 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 13, 2017 8:33 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder In response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Right I've plugged it into my flatmates laptop and i'm still not seeing the same files I saw this morning. I'll go back to the PC tomorrow morning and make sure I've copied all the files over.

Do you think this memory stick is fit for the bin then?

Dec 13, 2017 8:33 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Ginger_Claire

Question: Why can't I see what is on my USB memory stick?