Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes browse music doesn't work on my mac

Hello,

recently I got a problem with my iTunes on my MacBook Pro. Suddenly I cannot listen to a browse music. For example when I want to listen to the hot tracks (100), it skip 7 songs play one than skip another 10 songs and play only one again. I tried this on my iPhone 7 and I don't have a problem with it. It's appearing only on my Mac. I am logged in with my apple id on my mac as well. How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:36 AM

Hey there, Peter!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that when trying to listen to songs under the Browse section of Apple Music, a lot of songs get skipped on your Mac. This does not occur on your iPhone 7. I'd be happy to help!

From what you've described, I would first suggest quitting iTunes, either by pressing Command+Q or selecting iTunes > Quit iTunes from the Apple  menu (while within the iTunes app). Then, reopen iTunes while holding shift on your keyboard. Then, try listening to music under Browse.

If the issue continues, restart your MacBook Pro next by selecting the Apple  menu > Restart.... Test the playback again after the computer restarts.

Should you still have some trouble, try playing the music in safe mode. The following article will give you more information on why safe mode can be helpful, how to boot to it, and what to do once you're there: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support .

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 2:36 AM in response to PeterKrocko

Hey there, Peter!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that when trying to listen to songs under the Browse section of Apple Music, a lot of songs get skipped on your Mac. This does not occur on your iPhone 7. I'd be happy to help!

From what you've described, I would first suggest quitting iTunes, either by pressing Command+Q or selecting iTunes > Quit iTunes from the Apple  menu (while within the iTunes app). Then, reopen iTunes while holding shift on your keyboard. Then, try listening to music under Browse.

If the issue continues, restart your MacBook Pro next by selecting the Apple  menu > Restart.... Test the playback again after the computer restarts.

Should you still have some trouble, try playing the music in safe mode. The following article will give you more information on why safe mode can be helpful, how to boot to it, and what to do once you're there: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support .

Cheers!

iTunes browse music doesn't work on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.