Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Desktop & Documents folders with iCloud

Does syncing Desktop and Documents folders with iCloud create duplicates of those folders? Are you using twice as much space for the same folders? I ask becuase when I turned this on, I have a Documents folder and Desktop folder in both the usual spot AND in the iCloud folder.

Safari 9.0.2-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:21 AM

No, the Documents folder and Desktop folder will not be duplicated on your Mac. But you can access them from two different paths, from iCloud Drive and from your Home folder. You are still seeing them in your home folder, so the programs can access the standard folders the same way las before, independent of the sync with iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 7:21 AM in response to HeinoM

No, the Documents folder and Desktop folder will not be duplicated on your Mac. But you can access them from two different paths, from iCloud Drive and from your Home folder. You are still seeing them in your home folder, so the programs can access the standard folders the same way las before, independent of the sync with iCloud.

Syncing Desktop & Documents folders with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.