Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X Autofocus issue

Hello guys.

3 days ago I purchased the Iphone X 256G. Very happy with my purchase. I come from Android and my first time with Apple and when I seen this phone...this is it I purchased.

But when I arrive to take some picture with all setting in auto mode and what ever if i'm in low light or not, I found that the auto focus is slow. (IOS is updated 11.2)

So I decided to compare with the same setting with my other phone Samsung S8, with the same light condition.

The samsung S8 auto-focus is quasi immediate and pointed at the same exact spot the Samsung S8 still very fast compared to Iphone X.

So I tried some solution, reset the phone, re-start the phone, shooting under different light condition and pointed at the exact same spot with the exact same light amount. I tried near and far.

I wondering if you guys have the same issue under different condition.

Cause for a phone of 1700$CA vs an S8 of 1030$CA, I'm not impressed at all and I'm still thinking to return the phone.

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 11.2, Brand new

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:23 AM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2017 4:05 PM in response to DC1207

Hello there, I am sorry to hear of your experience with the X. I use the IPhone X myself and I do understand what you mean. The phone will auto focus just as if it was a normal camera, but you can also use the zoom option above the button used to take the picture. This will improve the picture quality and will cause the phone to focus quickly. Let me know how it turns out and if there is any other questions I can help you with.

Dec 13, 2017 4:39 PM in response to Gabriel4553

Hello.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry but after all test I did, I really think it's a software problem. Some peoples down here resolved this issue with the 11.2.1 update but for me no.

Or My Samsung S8 focus is just too fast for the X ??? What a huge and fast difference with the focus speed. You guys have to work day and night to bring me an update to compete with his lightning focus...and to prove that your 1500$CA phone is better than the S8 for 1030$? I said 1500$ cause I purchased the 256g...

My first time with Apple, the good point is that your customer service to date is wonderful and your update is quick but please I want to stay with you guys and for that you have to do something with that. Don't let me go back with Samsung / Android.

Case ID: 100378803303

Thanks

Iphone X Autofocus issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.