Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 11 has killed battery life on iphone 6s, anything to do?

The same thing happened with my older iphones. A new iphone comes out and a new ios update and wham battery is reduced by like 40%. Is it that newer software requires more from iphone therefore rendering old iphones useless? Or something more cynical.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:32 AM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2017 7:39 AM in response to itunes is terrible

I would double check a few things.

Make sure you have applications not refreshing in the background. To toggle these, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh. I would toggle off any unnecessary ones.

I would also verify that your apps are closed by double clicking the home button and swiping up on any apps you are not using.

Lastly, to see what applications are using the most battery life, go to Settings > Battery. Allow the "Battery Percentage" to load and see what apps are using your battery.

If none of these resolve the issue, I would recommend getting a diagnostics test run on your iPhone by an Apple store or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider).

Good luck!

CrashBurner

Dec 13, 2017 7:53 AM in response to itunes is terrible

iOS 11 was a bit unique in that the entire file system needed to be updated. It takes about 24 hours while all the background stuff finishes up. During that time, significantly decreased battery life is not uncommon. If you're seeing a problem after that, something else is going on. The suggestion to check exactly what is using your battery given above is where I would start.

ios 11 has killed battery life on iphone 6s, anything to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.