Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro night mode

I have set up night mode on my iPad Pro and scheduled it for 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM. However, it does not turn on automatically. Every day the manual button turns itself on. I turn off the manual button to turn on night mode, but the next day the manual button is on again. How do I get it to work automatically?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:12 PM

Hey there, woollymammoth,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that Night Shift does not seem to be behaving as expected. You have it set to turn on automatically, but it switches to the manual setting on its own. I'm happy to help!

First, toggle Night Shift off: Use Night Shift on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart your iPad Pro: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Then, test Night Shift.

If the issue continues, backup your iPad Pro using How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , then reinstall the iOS software using the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a good day!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 8:12 PM in response to woollymammoth

Hey there, woollymammoth,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that Night Shift does not seem to be behaving as expected. You have it set to turn on automatically, but it switches to the manual setting on its own. I'm happy to help!

First, toggle Night Shift off: Use Night Shift on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart your iPad Pro: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Then, test Night Shift.

If the issue continues, backup your iPad Pro using How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , then reinstall the iOS software using the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a good day!

iPad pro night mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.