Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The dropbox app used to be located in Finder window under 'favorites' but I deleted it when it stopped syncing. Is there any way to add a folder to 'favorites'?

The dropbox app used to be located in Finder window under 'favorites' but I deleted it when it stopped syncing. Is there any way to add a folder to Finder 'favorites'? I would like to access dropbox from there again. I have MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:03 AM

Ezechiel wrote:

... Is there any way to add a folder to Finder 'favorites'? ...

See above. Your original post asked about how to add a folder to favorites.

You are correct, as you state in your reply you cannot add an app to Favorites. When you install Dropbox it creates or you select what folder you want it to sync to. You can determine how yours is currently set by clicking on Dropbox in the menu bar and then click the Folder icon in the bar near the top and that will open the Dropbox folder so you can see where it is. You then drag that folder to the Finder sidebar.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 11:03 AM in response to Ezechiel

Ezechiel wrote:

... Is there any way to add a folder to Finder 'favorites'? ...

See above. Your original post asked about how to add a folder to favorites.

You are correct, as you state in your reply you cannot add an app to Favorites. When you install Dropbox it creates or you select what folder you want it to sync to. You can determine how yours is currently set by clicking on Dropbox in the menu bar and then click the Folder icon in the bar near the top and that will open the Dropbox folder so you can see where it is. You then drag that folder to the Finder sidebar.

The dropbox app used to be located in Finder window under 'favorites' but I deleted it when it stopped syncing. Is there any way to add a folder to 'favorites'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.