Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Time Capsule work with Novatel T1114?

Will the ethernet ports on the back of a Verizon MiFi LTE Internet & Home Phone (aka Novatel T114) work with my Apple Airport Time Capsule for wireless backups? I lost the ability to save backups when I changed my previous ISP from cable modem with ethernet ports to a Verizon JetPack which has no ethernet capability.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), AirPort Time Capsule 2T

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:12 AM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2017 10:19 AM in response to fossildave

In theory, as long as the Ethernet port on the Verizon device provides an Internet connection, the Time Capsule will be able to to connect to your network that way.

I'm not sure though, what you mean about "wireless backups". Apple expects you to use the Time Capsule wireless to back up your Macs using Time Machine, so they do not officially support backups over a third party wireless network.

That being said, backups over the Verizon wireless might work....and they might not. No way to really know if Time Machine backups will work this way until you try things out.

Keep in mind that Apple will not offer help if you are having problems with this this type of setup, but that will probably not be an issue for you as long as things are working the way that you want.

Dec 13, 2017 6:24 PM in response to fossildave

it should work

That is the really the same as what I said before, except that I used the term in theory.

As you probably already know, there is a big difference between a statement that says it will work, compared to saying that something should work.

Give it a try. If it works, great. If not, then you will know why Apple does not officially support this type of setup.....because they have no control over the other router that you will be using.

Let us know how things are working when you can. I'm still not sure whether you will be trying to back up over the Verizon wireless, or the Time Capsule wireless. Whichever it might be, try to turn off the "other" router's wireless, to reduce the chances of wireless interference issues.

Will Time Capsule work with Novatel T1114?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.