Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which power cord do I need for MacBook Pro 13-inch with Retina display? I purchased it in London, UK. I’ve moved back to U.S., and i’m Not sure which power assembly to purchase for this model. I only need the power cord. Help?

I recently moved back to U.S. from the U.K. I need a U.S. Power cord for my MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, purchased January 2016. I can’t make out from the pictures on Apple‘s website if the power cord is included in the power assembl. Does anyone know if it’s included or separate? I only need the power wall plug.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:34 AM

I believe that a MacBook Pro purchased in January 2016 would be the 2015 model with a MagSafe2 connector. If so, it would be the following adapter which has a permanently attached cable between the adapter and MacBook. Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter - Apple

Later models use a USB-C connector instead of the MagSafe2 and those cables can be unplugged from the power adapter and are purchased separately.

If you are not sure that is your model, see the following: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

If you are referring to the extension cord, see: Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 10:34 AM in response to MacAnn3

I believe that a MacBook Pro purchased in January 2016 would be the 2015 model with a MagSafe2 connector. If so, it would be the following adapter which has a permanently attached cable between the adapter and MacBook. Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter - Apple

Later models use a USB-C connector instead of the MagSafe2 and those cables can be unplugged from the power adapter and are purchased separately.

If you are not sure that is your model, see the following: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

If you are referring to the extension cord, see: Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

Dec 13, 2017 10:57 AM in response to MacAnn3

The power adapter has a module that contains only a small plug (customized to your locale), or can accept a 6-foot AC power lead-in cord (again customized to your locale).

All of the US (and I expect, most of North and South America) use the same AC wall plug. FoxFifth linked the appropriate US AC 6-foot lead-in cord at the end his post. Since this is used so widely, it is available as a finished completely molded cord assembly -- no plug-splicing needed.

MacBook Pro power adapters all feature "universal" power and auto-adjust to 50 or 60Hz, about 120 Volt or about 200 to 240 volts. No transformer is needed.

Which power cord do I need for MacBook Pro 13-inch with Retina display? I purchased it in London, UK. I’ve moved back to U.S., and i’m Not sure which power assembly to purchase for this model. I only need the power cord. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.