Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 will not activate

Hi. I am somewhat ****** off that I cannot activate my iPad 2 with this new auto update that occurred over 2 weeks ago. Nothing I do works. Please help!

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:05 AM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 6:57 AM in response to philwood101

Hey there, philwood101.

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to activate your iPad after it automatically updated over two weeks ago. It's important to make sure that you can use your iPad, so I'm happy to provide some support.

I suggest following the steps in this support article:
If you can‘t activate your iPhone

Even though this says iPhone, it will help with activating an iPad as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards.

Dec 14, 2017 7:34 AM in response to raina_b22

Hi. Thx for getting back to me! This does not work. I had tried these things already - none work. It says every time I need to reactivate my iPad. I have reset it, I have continually tried to use the wifi connection (this happened 2 days after I had left my country making it even more difficult - I even installed iTunes onto a hotel computer as it suggested - nothing!!) I am still overseas and I needed this bloody device, I cannot access the settings to try other suggested options! Bloody ridiculous to suggest these when it will not activate to start with. My device was fine until this update I did not want - now it's stuffed because of apples ineptitude & lack of care for its customers - thx!! I want this fixed asap as it's been over 2 weeks already. What can I do???!!!

My iPad 2 will not activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.