Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud music library not working on IPhone 7

I subscribe to Apple music. I replaced my iPhone 6 with an iPhone 7. On the 7, when I first set up the phone, iCloud music synched with my iTunes on my iMac. I made a new playlist in iTunes on my iMac and noticed it did not appear on my iPhone (even though it did appear on my iPad). I turned off iCloud music on my phone and toggled it back on and accidently hit "delete and replace" instead of "keep music" I then toggled iCloud music library off and on again and selected "keep music". I am sure iCloud music library is enabled on both my iMac and iPhone under the same accounts. No iCloud music or playlists show up on my phone. I have toggled all the devices, restarted, signed out and back in to iCloud, apple id, apple music, etc. Everything works fine on the iPad so I think this is an issue with the phone. I can add playlists to the phone from apple music, but no playlists from iTunes are appearing, the phone simply says "Looking for your playlists?"

In iTunes when synching the phone, under the music tab, it says "iCloud music library turned on" so it is seeing that on the phone.

I have searched everywhere but no solution. I need help!

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:18 AM

5 replies

Dec 14, 2017 6:04 PM in response to lauren_wise

I have this exact problem across my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad.

My iPhone stopped syncing with changes made on my MacBook. My iPad was working perfectly. I signed out of iTunes on my phone, rebooted and re-signed back in. That fixed my problem for a day, at the cost of all the music I had downloaded on my iPhone, but the problem returned the next day.

I reported the problem to Apple (Case: ********).

A few days after reporting the problem I added an Apple curated playlist to my iCloud Music Library and noticed that my iPhone picked up the addition, along with all the other changes I'd made.

It's about 5 days later and my iPhone is still syncing perfectly, but now my iPad has stopped syncing.

I'd hoped this was just a quirk with my iPhone SE and iOS 11.2, but apparently not.

I've not heard back from Apple.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Dec 17, 2017 6:46 AM in response to lauren_wise

Update: I completely wiped the phone, reset to factory defaults and my playlists and iCloud downloads showed back up. I then restored to my current backup and everything seemed to be working. As a test, I created a new playlist on my iMac in itunes. It pushed the changes to my iPad perfectly. Nothing happened on my phone. I also edited a playlist and the changes never showed up on the phone but did on the iPad.

I turned off iCloud music on the phone and turned it back on and now only have the "Looking for your Playlists? Playlists you add in your library or create will appear here." None of my playlists are showing up from iTunes. I can make a new playlist on the phone and add a playlist from Apple Music.

iCloud music library not working on IPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.