Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes installation error

Hello Everyone,

i have a problem when i install iTunes to my windows 10. there is a error message "webkit.resource" is not a valid shortfile name.

this happened just after i changed my HDD from SSD. my previous iTunes was installed on D (HDD which i changed) after changing i try to open iTunes but it did not. i delete all components by manually. than try to install new iTunes but i can not. is there anyone who can solve my problem.

regards,

Menderes.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:28 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

I would recommend you install iTunes on the system drive. You can place your library on whichever drive has the most room.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 10:28 AM in response to inalmanme

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

I would recommend you install iTunes on the system drive. You can place your library on whichever drive has the most room.

tt2

Dec 13, 2017 10:33 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you very much,

By following your comment "for general advices", under that i found this "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" highlight in support.microsoft, i download the program, installed it. this fixed my problem and give me chance to install iTunes again. ITunes is working now properly.
Regards,
Menderes

itunes installation error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.