Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive ".photoslibrary" file missing

Hello,

I uploaded up my secondary ".photoslibrary" file to the iCloud Drive but is not appearing in my mac while I can see the file thorugh icloud website. I also cannot see the file from my ios devices. Library file can be downloaded from the website but the speed is terrible. I think it is because it is trying to download the file as a ".zip" file. Is there a way I can access the file from anywhere other than the iCloud?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:22 PM

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Mobile Documents. See if the file is there. Storing photos library files in iCloud Drive can result in a corrupted Library.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 1:22 PM in response to mertuygr

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Mobile Documents. See if the file is there. Storing photos library files in iCloud Drive can result in a corrupted Library.

Dec 13, 2017 1:19 PM in response to Eric Root

No luck 😟 I already tried that even with the terminal commands to show directories and files of the Mobile Documents folder. Also I deleted the .plist file for the finder in case maybe something is wrong with the finder but no result so far. The weird part is that the file is also missing from the ios devices which may indicate that it is a software bug within icloud drive that it actually broken with the ".photoslibrary" extension. FYI it is not my "System Photo Library". It is completely different library without iCloud Photo Library syncronization.

iCloud Drive ".photoslibrary" file missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.