Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I have an iMac, two iPhones (6) and two iPads. Somehow over the years I have also created two different iCloud identities. My problem is that everything has become totally confused. The Identities (names ) actually change on the phones between my wife and my identity. It has become totally mixed up for me. I have been with Apple since 2012 and now have spent days trying to get it back to where it was a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone suggest a tutorial or a way to get to one ID, set up my mobile devices correctly, and simplify.

Thanks

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:31 PM

There are a few steps you can take to consolidate. Open Photos, go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud, sign in, and check Photos syncing. Once all the Photos have synced to your computer, quit Photos. You should now have a complete compilation of your photos (like a Master Library). Sign into iCloud with the other ID. Reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and create a new system Library. Use that to download the 2nd ID. Sign out of iCloud. Combine the two Libraries by exporting pictures from the smaller one and import them into the other one.

For Contacts, sign in with one ID and download all contacts. Export the contacts to your Desktop. Sign in with the other ID and download the contacts. Import from the Desktop to consolidate.

Calendars is similar to Contacts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 2:31 PM in response to mlkfla

There are a few steps you can take to consolidate. Open Photos, go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud, sign in, and check Photos syncing. Once all the Photos have synced to your computer, quit Photos. You should now have a complete compilation of your photos (like a Master Library). Sign into iCloud with the other ID. Reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and create a new system Library. Use that to download the 2nd ID. Sign out of iCloud. Combine the two Libraries by exporting pictures from the smaller one and import them into the other one.

For Contacts, sign in with one ID and download all contacts. Export the contacts to your Desktop. Sign in with the other ID and download the contacts. Import from the Desktop to consolidate.

Calendars is similar to Contacts.

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.