Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I sync my music library in the new iTunes when my phone is plugged in to my computer?

how do I sync my music library in the new iTunes when my phone is plugged in to my computer? I have iCloud Music Library on and the only option is gives me is to sync voice memos and none of the music I have bought over the years. I am also subscribed to Apple Music so I can add songs to my library straight from my phone but I have some songs I purchased over the years that I want to sync to my phone and I can't.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:33 AM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2017 12:09 PM in response to jlloyd0716

According to the "What if I use Apple Music or iTunes Match?" section in:

iTunes for Windows: Syncing overview

If you’re an Apple Music member or you subscribe to iTunes Match, you can’t use iTunes to sync music to your iOS device, but you can sync other types of content, such as movies. I would also see the "What happens to the music you already had on your devices when you join Apple Music?" and "If you have music on your iOS device or computer from sources other than Apple Music or the iTunes Store" sections in:

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Normally, to sync your music from your iTunes Library to your device, see the "Sync your content with iTunes" section in:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

or "Set iTunes to sync your iOS device over Wi-Fi" section in:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support

iTunes for Windows: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

how do I sync my music library in the new iTunes when my phone is plugged in to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.