Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: When I tried to backup my husband's iphone6 to icloud for the first time, I mistakenly downloaded the backup of the old phone instead of uploading the new content to icloud. Now all the recent information and photos are gone. How can I recover this?

When I tried to backup my husband's iphone6 to icloud for the first time, I mistakenly downloaded the backup of the old phone instead of uploading the new content to icloud. Now all the recent information and photos are erased from the iphone 6s. How can I recover this?

Posted on

Dec 13, 2017 11:25 AM in response to rillainaurora In response to rillainaurora

It's rather difficult to picture how you could have done this since the only way to initiate a restore from an iCloud backup is to completely erase the phone...

In any case, unless he has a backup of his phone from prior to when you did whatever it was you did, no. The data is gone. A restore completely overwrites the content of the phone.

Dec 13, 2017 11:25 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 13, 2017 11:56 AM in response to KiltedTim In response to KiltedTim

That is what I thought, too. When the phone was connected to the icloud, I was sure that the " automatically back up" option was selected. And it seemed a straightforward matter. But it ends up different. I feel so bad about myself.

Dec 13, 2017 11:56 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rillainaurora

Question: When I tried to backup my husband's iphone6 to icloud for the first time, I mistakenly downloaded the backup of the old phone instead of uploading the new content to icloud. Now all the recent information and photos are gone. How can I recover this?