Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset the goals in the workout app to opened goal?

I’m trying to reset the goals in a couple of the sections of the workout app so they read ‘Open Goal’ but find no way to do this.

I’ve read that these goals reflect you best workout for this activity but k ow that’s not correct since I’m still showing an opened goal for ‘indoor Walk’ and have done many of these for between 40-45 minutes but it still shows ‘Open Goal’ but my outside walk shows a goal of 55 minutes and my indoor biking shows 121 calories.

Please, how do I reset them all to ‘Open Goal’? Even an Apple Genius at the local store couldn’t do it!

I‘m using an Apple Watch Series 3 and an iPhone 6s Plus.

Tim

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:49 AM

Hi Tim

Having opened the Workout app, when viewing the list of main activity types, tap on the icon with three dots in a circle next to your preferred activity to change your goal type for that activity to Open / no goal:

User uploaded file

More information and instructions:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 11:49 AM in response to timadams

Hi Tim

Having opened the Workout app, when viewing the list of main activity types, tap on the icon with three dots in a circle next to your preferred activity to change your goal type for that activity to Open / no goal:

User uploaded file

More information and instructions:

Dec 15, 2017 2:17 PM in response to Jonathan UK

This doesn't _reset_ the goal to 'Open Goal' which I want to do but merely starts a new workout with an opened Goal. When I return to the app, the 'Indoor Cycle' or 'Outdoor Walk' still show a set goal. I should be able to just open the app, select the workout and have it already set to 'Open Goal' as most of the other workouts are, not need to continue pressing the three dots and then change the goal to opened.

Surely there must be an easy way to RESET all activities to reflect an 'Open Goal' when you first start the app.

Tim

How do I reset the goals in the workout app to opened goal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.