Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fortunate position

Fortunately, for me, I am in a position that I no longer need to upgrade my computer O/S. And when the apps no longer work I will just delete them. I was able just to squeeze into High Sierra but I think that is the last O/S that I will be able to install. It is such a shame though that my model is not upgradable, I was unaware of this when I purchased it. I would like to be able to purchase parts and upgrade rather than have to sell my first born to get the newest computer. Getting older does have its benefits.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:57 AM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2017 12:23 PM in response to jmsfmtex

This is a user-to-user support community, and you are sharing your sentiments with fellow users, not Apple product management and development teams that neither read these posts, nor participate in the communities.

Here is the hardware specifications for SIerra and High Sierra.

User uploaded file

What hardware or software vendor stamps an expiration date on their products to warn the consumer that a Mac or PC purchased in 2009 will not be able to run some future release of the operating system, or other software — years later in 2018?

Dec 14, 2017 3:05 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for your comments and information. I did not intend my comment to be for Apple Product Management but more for user-user. I guess I was just venting a little after using computers for so many years and seeing, just like most products, crashing long before their time. Getting older makes me appreciate the "good ole days" when things were built to last. Sorry if my comments were inappropriate for this area. Have a great day and a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Fortunate position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.