Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi stops when the screen goes off ??

iPhone 6s

Ios 11.2.1

Wifi turns off everytime the screen goes off and i can not fix this

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:48 AM

7 replies

Dec 13, 2017 11:32 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Why do i need to plug it into a power source as it doesn’t need to be charged ?

And i dun have cellular data for now

Only wifi and it’s always on while im using the phone.

Once i leave the phone and the screen goes off , wifi also turns off automatically.

I know that because when i hold the phone again to use it , the wifi reconnects also automatically.

While the screen is off, no wifi so i can not receive WhatsApp notifications for example of someone sent me a message while um not holding the phone in my hands.

Dec 14, 2017 7:55 AM in response to Muhammadiex

Muhammadiex wrote:

Why do i need to plug it into a power source as it doesn’t need to be charged ?

Because if the WiFi remained on and connected while on battery power, your battery life would be incredibly short.

And i dun have cellular data for now

Only wifi and it’s always on while im using the phone.

It's a smart-phone. A smart-phone without a data plan is little better than an iPod. No supported carrier will knowingly allow the use of an iPhone without a cellular data plan.

Once i leave the phone and the screen goes off , wifi also turns off automatically.

I know that because when i hold the phone again to use it , the wifi reconnects also automatically.

While the screen is off, no wifi so i can not receive WhatsApp notifications for example of someone sent me a message while um not holding the phone in my hands.

That's correct. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Wifi stops when the screen goes off ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.