Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset apple watch series 2 password locked

I'm trying to reset my Apple Watch as it's password locked and not paired to my iPhone but my screen won't let me click the 'yes' when it asks if I'm sure I want to clear all data, so frustrating! It let's me click no but not yes

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:01 AM

Hi

If your Apple Watch is locked by a passcode and you cannot unlock it via the normal procedure, then check that you are following these steps to erase it and re-pair it:

• Connect the Apple Watch to its charging cable, connected to power.
  • Whilst keeping the Apple Watch on the charger and connected to power:
    • Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
    • Press firmly on Power Off (do not try to slide it - just press down more firmly than a normal tap), release your finger and then tap on Erase all content and settings and confirm.
  • Re-pair your Apple Watch using the Watch app on your iPhone, choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option.
  • More information:

If your Apple Watch does not respond to touchscreen inputs as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove any screen protector, case or bumper that you may have fitted to it.

Clean and dry your Apple Watch, being sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions:

Restart your Apple Watch (normally):

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 3:01 AM in response to Mokau77

Hi

If your Apple Watch is locked by a passcode and you cannot unlock it via the normal procedure, then check that you are following these steps to erase it and re-pair it:

• Connect the Apple Watch to its charging cable, connected to power.
  • Whilst keeping the Apple Watch on the charger and connected to power:
    • Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
    • Press firmly on Power Off (do not try to slide it - just press down more firmly than a normal tap), release your finger and then tap on Erase all content and settings and confirm.
  • Re-pair your Apple Watch using the Watch app on your iPhone, choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option.
  • More information:

If your Apple Watch does not respond to touchscreen inputs as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove any screen protector, case or bumper that you may have fitted to it.

Clean and dry your Apple Watch, being sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions:

Restart your Apple Watch (normally):

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Reset apple watch series 2 password locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.