Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my itunes player keeps freezing on my mac pro...but in a very particular way

hi there...my itunes player keeps freezing...it freezes about every 45 minutes...and does so in a very particular way...it will freeze for about 10 seconds play for a couple of seconds freeze again for about 8 seconds play again for a few seconds then freeze for about 5 seconds.....it then plays fine for about 45 minutes then repeats the 3 freeze process all over again...ive kinda got used to it...but now am wondering if i can fix it....any help will be much appreciated

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:09 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 12:40 PM in response to DarwinJesus

Hello DarwinJesus,

Thanks for asking about iTunes here in the Apple Support Communities. I recommend testing to see if this occurs in safe mode and a test user.

Safe mode will tell us if the issue is related to a startup item or plugins, and sometimes is all that is necessary to correct some problems.

When you boot to safe mode, log in to your account and check if the issue is also occurring in safe mode or not. Use this article for the steps to get into safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If everything is working properly in safe mode, but then is not working after you restart the Mac, please check the section titled "If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode" for the next troubleshooting steps.

If the issue is also happening in safe mode, then move on to see if this problem occurs in another test administrator user account on your Mac. A test user will let us know if the issue is isolated to your account, or system wide. Please check this help article: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

After you are done testing, please check the section related to results, titled "If the issue happens in the other account" or "If the issue doesn't happen in the other account".

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

my itunes player keeps freezing on my mac pro...but in a very particular way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.