Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk utilities corrupted ...

I want to sell my Mac Book pro and when using disk Utilities to delete the disk it becomes corrupted and i cannot use it anymore ! Booting send me always to the corrupted Disk Utilities. I can solve this ? Thanks for an help

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:56 AM

4 replies

Dec 13, 2017 11:12 AM in response to jaimefrompalmela

Late 2013 Macbook Pro has Internet Recovery in its ROM. Hold Shift-Option-Command-R at Startup. You should see the spinning globe as the Utilities (including a good copy of Disk Utility) loads off the internet. Takes several minutes.

Plan to completely Erase the drive (by Hardware-name), then proceed to re-install.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Dec 14, 2017 1:46 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I start to feel that the problem is not in Disk Utility but that the Disk and SSD are disorganized. I can see both with the HD with a folder with old data . Trying to delete not possible . I don't know how to fix or reinstall properly the HD and the SSD. One time that I try the download from internet it start to install the Maverick ( the original one on this computer) but stops reporting that there is no space on disk . What a big mess.

Thanks for your help

Disk utilities corrupted ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.