Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac don’t wanna load in recovery mode.

I click and hold Command + R, but it just give’s an error and restart

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:17 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 11:59 AM in response to Anar23

Hi Anar23,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unable to boot into recovery mode on your Mac. I know it's important to be able to access recovery mode and I'd like to help. I'd recommend following the steps below to attempting booting into internet recovery:

If you can't start up from macOS Recovery

Newer Mac computers and some older Mac computers automatically try to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet when unable to start up from the built-in recovery system. When that happens, you see a spinning globe instead of an Apple logo during startup. To manually start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet, hold down Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R at startup.

If you still can't start up from macOS Recovery, and you have a Mac that is able to start up completely, you might be able to create an external Mac startup disk to start up from instead.

macOS Recovery over the Internet, the Reinstall macOS utility, and the Get Help Online utility all require an Internet connection. If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, move your pointer to the top of the screen, then choose a network from the Wi-Fi status menu User uploaded file.

About macOS Recovery

Best Regards.

My iMac don’t wanna load in recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.