Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBR Late 13 High Sierra Battery Shutdown

My MBR Late 13 with High Sierra was working with 35% battery left, suddenly shut down and displayed the empty battery screen. I connected it to the power outlet and it woke up displaying 35% battery and charging. Besides the hard battery drain since High Sierra, is there a particular problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:50 AM

When batteries fail, sometimes they fail suddenly. Try resetting that Mac's SMC: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support.

Read Check the battery condition on your Mac - Apple Support. If you decide it needs to be replaced, have Apple do it: About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 11:50 AM in response to SmallLebowski

When batteries fail, sometimes they fail suddenly. Try resetting that Mac's SMC: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support.

Read Check the battery condition on your Mac - Apple Support. If you decide it needs to be replaced, have Apple do it: About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support.

Jan 23, 2018 3:36 PM in response to SmallLebowski

Hello! don’t know if this can help but last year i had a similar problem with my MBA. Since I installed Sierra, my Mac started to shut down randomly and always with 18% battery left. I tried resetting the SMC but it didn’t change anything. The problem seems to have corrected itself with the new upgrades. So…well, that is my experience and maybe could be even your case.

Have a nice day

MBR Late 13 High Sierra Battery Shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.