Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Contacts list empty on iMac

Ever since I upgraded to macOS high sierra my contacts application doesn’t seem to synchronise with iCloud, in fact it’s completely empty! Configuration is as it should be. The contacts list on iCloud, iPhone en iPad works fine so I’m confused. Is there anyone who has the same problem?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 14, 2017 11:17 AM in response to sam.cole In response to sam.cole

sam.cole wrote:

Did that already. Doesn't work ...

Have you opened Contacts>Preferences...>Accounts>iCloud> and un-checked "Enable this account?" After waiting several minutes, re-check "Enable this account."

If that is not successful, have you gone to System Preferences...>iCloud>...and turned off Contacts?

After turning off Contacts, restart your computer and return to that Preference and turn Contacts back to "On."

User uploaded file

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 14, 2017 11:17 AM in response to sam.cole In response to sam.cole

sam.cole wrote:

Did that already. Doesn't work ...

Have you opened Contacts>Preferences...>Accounts>iCloud> and un-checked "Enable this account?" After waiting several minutes, re-check "Enable this account."

If that is not successful, have you gone to System Preferences...>iCloud>...and turned off Contacts?

After turning off Contacts, restart your computer and return to that Preference and turn Contacts back to "On."

User uploaded file

Dec 14, 2017 11:17 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Dec 15, 2017 4:15 PM in response to sam.cole In response to sam.cole

Sam,

From those screen shots, it appears to me that your Contacts are not signed into iCloud. There should be a category heading named iCloud, with groups listed as sub-categories. This is what I see:

User uploaded file

What happens if you drag one of those "HoReCa" contacts into "Alle contacten?"

User uploaded file

Dec 15, 2017 4:15 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 16, 2017 10:26 AM in response to sam.cole In response to sam.cole

sam.cole wrote:

That isn't possible!

One more place to check...go to System Preferences...>Internet Accounts>...what accounts are listed which may be syncing with Contacts?

You may also try unchecking and re-checking iCloud>Contacts using that preference pane.

User uploaded file

Dec 16, 2017 10:26 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 16, 2017 1:33 PM in response to sam.cole In response to sam.cole

sam.cole wrote:

Only my iCloud account was checked for syncing contacts.

Unchecked it, rebooted and checked again. No result ...

I recommend that you use the "Contact Support" link listed in the upper right-hand corner of this web page.

After clicking on the link, choose your iMac, then "Installations & Updates," and if available in your country you may have telephone/chat options.

Let us know if you have any success.

User uploaded file

Dec 16, 2017 1:33 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 16, 2017 2:11 PM in response to sam.cole In response to sam.cole

My problem is a little different. My contacts are there but contact cards (information!) are missing. I can start a new one and it's there. If I import from my phone, the card does not appear. I've toggled on/off. I've run first aid. I've started in safe mode. Any other suggestions? Everything is fine on my iPhone and iPad.

Dec 16, 2017 2:11 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: sam.cole

Question: Contacts list empty on iMac