Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will using a USB to Thunderbolt adapter cause latency issues?

I've got a Tascam US-1800 USB audio interface that I use with Logic Pro X on my Mac Mini, and generally speaking everything works fine. I'm considering an upgrade to a MacBook Pro, but there are only Thunderbolt ports on the newer models. I know I can connect using a USB to Thunderbolt/USB C adapter, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and if so, have you noticed any issues with recording? Specifically latency, but I'm interested in any feedback about that setup.

I'd also be curious if anyone has done this via a docking station as opposed to just a cable adapter. I'd prefer to not have to purchase additional recording hardware if I can help it. I'm just a hobbyist, not a professional engineer, so my budget is limited. Any insight here would be appreciated.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2.6 GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:54 PM

There are no replies.

Will using a USB to Thunderbolt adapter cause latency issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.