Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iphone 7plus left charging overnight but he battery only decreases

Okay, so i just bought this iphone (only two weeks old) and last night i left it charging in a powerbank. My bf who owns the powerbank told me that the powerbank automatically turns off once the device is fully charged but when i woke up in the morning, my phone was only 90%. So i was thinking is there a defect on my phone? Because if it really does stop charging when its full, how come the percentage decreased since i am sleeping and inwasnt able to unplug it or is it just the powerbank malfunction that it just stops at 90%? Please help. Inam planning to return my iphone on the store.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:35 PM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 11:09 PM in response to millfeullesakura

Hi.

Powerbanks are not meant to charge phones. They are meant to supply power to sustain the operation of phones on the go.

When you connect a powerbank to your phone, your phone battery charge percentage may go up somewhat. But that does not mean it charges your phone satisfactorily.

Use a wall socket charger to charge your phone. Keep the charger connected until the charger gets cool to touch. This means your battery is full and your phone charge circuitry has stopped charging the battery. Now you have 100% charge on your battery. If the battery charge percentage is not 100%, then use another charger to test. You can use any decent USB battery charger if you do not have another iPhone / iPad charger.

Still below 100% charge ? Your phone cuts charge power earlier than the battery gets full or phone battery is defective. Call help from Apple Care Center.

Hope this helps.

new iphone 7plus left charging overnight but he battery only decreases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.